– I have no idea what to expect, but I do expect that I am about to be in for a world of pain.
– [Crystal] You guys are looking great.
(yells) Almost there.
– Ahhh! (classical music) – Today we're trying barre method.
– I have no idea what a class looks like.
– I think that it'll remindme of dance which is fun, but also trick me into workingout, which is also fun.
– I feel like barre methodis one of those things that beautiful girls who wear yoga pants but still look really puttogether all the time do.
I'm not really put together.
– I think it's gonna be a lot of the stuff that I used to do at abar, like this forever.
I don't know.
– And then you like, plieand you like lift your leg.
Yep, oh, this is plie.
– My name is Crystal.
Welcome to the Bar Method Downtown L.
The Bar Method is an interval class.
We utilize certainelements of a ballet class, like the bar, and stretch.
Anyone can do this workout, it's safe and effective.
– How do you think we're going to do? – You guys obviously are veryfit, you enjoy working out.
I think you guys are gonna do amazing.
– We're ready to go when you are – Alright guys, so today you'regonna be joined by Grace.
She's one of our instructors here.
So if you ever need a form reference, she's here to keep you guys on track.
Right away you're gonna start to lift your knees up tothe height of your hips.
– So the warm up starts, and it's already prettyintense from the get-go.
I already feel it in my abs.
(laughs) – You're gonna feel it more right now.
Release, come down tothe floor for a plank.
– We're doing push-ups, and arm movements.
I've got these threepound weights behind me, and we're just doingthese tiny little pulses, but it's the hardest thing.
– This is the warm up right? – Yes.
(everyone laughs) – The warm up is incredibly hard.
My body is already on fire.
This isn't what I expected at all.
– We get through the warm up, and we go into this nice stretch.
– And she reminds usthat we're gonna stretch after every exercise, whichis like a dream come true.
– I wish the stretches could last forever.
They feel great.
– This is so calming.
– It is nice.
– And before I know itI'm back at the pain.
Shaking so hard.
– [Crystal] Shaking is good, kind of.
– We're starting to do acouple reps and I'm thinking, oh this isn't so bad.
And the next thing I know we're doing 10 reps, 20 reps, 30 reps, 60 reps.
– Last 10.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, I got you, eight.
– I did not know that holding my leg up was going to be so hard.
My left butt is tired.
– [Everyone] Yes – How is this happening? We're about half way, and it is a slow burn.
– It's a fast burn for me.
– We're doing strength.
You got it, you got it guys.
Here it is, last 20 and you're done.
– Immediately followed by stretching, immediately followed byintensive, high rep strength.
– We've got these matsup against the wall, and I'm thinking to myself, oh this can't be so bad, we're literally leaning against a wall.
I was wrong.
This is terrible.
My abs burn, my quads burn, my butt burns.
– Now we're in the abs section, and abs are always one of myfavorite parts of working out.
I am having a great time, but also I am in pain.
– We're almost done! It feels like little fire antsare just crawling on my abs.
– As I started gettingover how hard it was, and just dealing with it, Ikind of started having more fun.
– I feel like Beyonce.
– We are Beyonce right now.
This class was absolutely nothing like I thought it would be.
I thought that I was infor a world of ballet.
And it turned out to be a reallycool combination of ballet, pilates, yoga, all in onevery difficult package.
– It was so hard.
It didn't feel like adance class to me at all.
I think what is similar to dance is having to lift your own body, and your own body being thething that's keeping you back.
– This is one of those thingsthat's really, really hard, but also really really fun, and really really good for you.
So I had a good time, and Iwould definitely come back.
– You guys are all done, give yourselves a hand.
(girls applaud) (upbeat music).